Rozell & Whitney (Eds ) - Religion and the American Presidency, 3e (2018)
pdf | 3.06 MB | English | Author :Matthew Rozell | 0996480080 | 2019

Book Description :

WHEN YOU STEP OFF THE LANDING CRAFT into the sea, bullets flying at 0630, how do you react to your vision of your mother opening the telegram that you have been killed?

WHEN YOUR GLIDER CRASHES AND BREAKS APART, what do you when you are shot and the Germans are bearing down on you, and you know your dogtags identify you as a Jew?

- "I had a vision, if you want to call it that. At my home, the mailman would walk up towards the front porch, and I saw it just as clear as if he's standing beside me-I see his blue jacket and the blue cap and the leather mailbag. Here he goes up to the house, but he doesn't turn. He goes right up the front steps. This happened so fast, probably a matter of seconds, but the first thing that came to mind, that's the way my folks would find out what happened to me.
The next thing I know, I kind of come to, and I'm in the push-up mode. I'm half up out of the underwater depression, and I'm trying to figure out what the hell happened to those prone figures on the beach, and all of a sudden, I realized I'm in amongst those bodies!" -Army demolition engineer, Omaha Beach, D-Day

Dying for freedom isn't the worst that could happen. Being forgotten is.
- "My last mission was the Bastogne mission. We were being towed, we're approaching Bastogne, and I see a cloud of flak, anti-aircraft fire. I said to myself, 'I'm not going to make it.' There were a couple of groups ahead of us, so now the anti-aircraft batteries are zeroing in. Every time a new group came over, they kept zeroing in. My outfit had, I think, 95% casualties." -Glider pilot, D-Day and beyond
Maybe our veterans did not volunteer to tell us their stories; perhaps we were too busy with our own lives to ask. But they opened up to a younger generation, when a history teacher taught his students to engage.
- "I was fighting in the hedgero for five days; it was murder. But psychologically, we were the best troops in the world. There was nobody like us; I had all the training that they could give us, but nothing prepares you for some things. You know, in my platoon, the assistant platoon leader got shot right through the head, right through the helmet, dead, right there in front of me. That affects you, doesn't it?"
" -Paratrooper, D-Day and beyond

As we forge ahead as a nation, do we owe it to ourselves to become reacquainted with a generation that is fast leaving us, who asked for nothing but gave everything, to attune ourselves as Americans to a broader appreciation of what we stand for?
This is the fifth book in the masterful WWII oral history series, but you can read them in any order.
- "Somebody asked me once, what was the hardest part for you in the war? And I thought about a young boy who came in as a replacement; the first thing he said was, 'How long will it be before I'm a veteran?'
I said, 'If I'm talking to you the day after you're in combat, you're a veteran.'
He replaced one of the gunners who had been killed on the back of the half-track. Now, all of a sudden, the Germans were pouring this fire in on us. He was working on the track and when he jumped off, he went down, called my name. I ran over to him and he was bleeding in the mouth. From my experience before, all I could do was hold that kid's hand and tell him it's going to be all right. 'You'll be all right.' I knew he wasn't going to last, and he was gone the minute that he squeezed my hand." -Armored sergeant, D-Day and beyond

It's time to listen to them. Read some of the revie below and REMEMBER how a generation of young Americans truly saved the world.

Or maybe it was all for nothing?

- "A must-read in every high school in America. It is a very poignant look back at our greatest generation; maybe it will inspire the next one."
Reviewer, Vol. I

Category : | United States Military Veterans History, World War II History, United States Veterans History

Download link Here
Hosters
Rapidgator | DropApk | Alfafile

Kod:
https://rapidgator.net/file/6364b0ca6a416baabf96fce26fca0a16/Rozell..Whitney.Eds..-.Religion.and.the.American.Presidency.3e.2018.pdf
Kod:
https://dropapk.to/pn33czxdw4tr/Rozell..Whitney.Eds..-.Religion.and.the.American.Presidency.3e.2018.pdf
Kod:
http://alfafile.net/file/8knTN/Rozell..Whitney.Eds..-.Religion.and.the.American.Presidency.3e.2018.pdf
Thanks for downloading Rozell & Whitney (Eds ) - Religion and the American Presidency, 3e (2018) :