Learn Bioinformatics in 6 Days
h264, yuv420p, 1280x720|ENGLISH, aac, 48000 Hz, 2 channels | 4h 31 mn | 727.88 MB
Created by: Isaac Alfred

Kickstart Your Journey to be a Bioinformatician!

What you'll learn

Integrate biological concepts with information technologies to study the biological system.
Apply the theoretical and computational methodologies relevant to the mining of information from large datasets of biological origin.
Combine theory and practice to solve research problems in bioinformatics, genomics and proteomics.
Manipulate data on computer and understand of the algorithms that underlie the analysis tools that are used for essential research tasks.

Requirements

An interest in learning Bioinformatics and maintaining the same interest constantly throughout the period of study.
A knowledge in molecular biology, basic genetics and other life science related courses would be an advantage but not necessary.
Some chapters require you to donwload and install certain softwares for the analysis tutorial. You need to have at least a personal laptop or a desktop with a minimum 4GiB RAM and enough storage capasity for data storing.
Good qualitative (semantic) and quantitative (mathemathics/statistics) reasoning.

Description

It's WORTH your money! This program runs through 6 chapters. This is a self-paced course that suits to your own daily busy schedules. Self-paced gives you the freedom to complete each topic based on your own available time before proceeding to the next chapter without hurry. Basically, I will teach about 6 fundamental topics in Bioinformatics to you. Just to let you know, I don't intend to cover a basic programming class here. Udemy has a lot of great programming courses that can be applied in a Bioinformatics settings. So please well equip yourself with at least Python, Perl, PHP, Java, SQL and R programming. That will really help you to take off faster as a Bioinformatician in the near future. In 6 days you will learn through video lectures and tutorials about:

Day 1 - Introduction to Bioinformatics

We will start this course with a brief definition of Bioinformatics - what exactly it constitutes of, and the importance of this field in the scientific world. Also, I will share with you the history of how Bioinformatics came into being - the reason why it was coined.

Day 2 - Bioinformatics Databases

One of the reasons why Bioinformatics exists is due to the increased amount of biological datasets. These are huge scientific research outputs that need to be managed. In this chapter you will learn first of all how data is stored and manipulated. Subsequently I will begin to introduce to you about nucleotide databases. Bioinformatics is all about managing data and providing scientific knowledge. In this chapter we will also focus on protein databases. These two types of databases compliment each other and both are important for your studies. An example of database that we will be covering here is UniProt.

Day 3 - Sequence Alignment

This is one of my favorite chapters. Have you ever wonder how two sequences are being compared using two different sequence alignment algorithms? Think about aligning 100 DNA sequences at one time - is there a way to perform the multiple sequence alignment? In this chapter I will teach you how to perform Global and Local sequence alignments - it's all about basic concepts of scoring matrices. Let's get serious with Bioinformatics from here onward!

Day 4 - BLAST programs

Yeaps! Also my favorite! I will teach you how to perform a Local sequence alignment using a Bioinformatics tool known as BLAST (Basic Local Alignment Search Tool). We will look into both nucleotide and protein sequence BLAST programs and learn how to read and interpret BLAST results in-details.

Day 5 - Molecular Phylogenetics

Let's get straight to the point. You are uniquely different and special! If you are a big fan of X-Men and other Sci-Fi Hollywood movies talking about aliens, superhuman, man with extraordinary powers, or even just about how diversified we are - this is the time to pay attention to this module. I will teach you about how species is identified and classified using genetic data. To do that we will also be looking into several types of phylogeny analysis algorithms and construct a tree of life from a specific set of sequences. Don't skip this session!

Day 6 - Genome Analysis

In this module you will learn about a genome. We will look closely into both structural and comparative genomics. The detail parts begin with the sequencing technologies and followed with genome assembly and annotation.

I have prepared several sets of quizzes and assignments for you to solve. Based on previous experiences with other students, I am aware that some of you might need a one-to-one discussion therefore you are welcome to request for an online meeting / discussion session with me. Just to help you progress in this course. By the way, the first chapter is F.O.C. for preview! Register now to start learning about what Bioinformatics can do to help you, be it in research routines or for career development or simply just for personal interest. You have a lifetime access to this course and the course materials will be updated periodically. Do check for updates from time to time.
Who this course is for:

Anyone who wants to learn Bioinformatics.

Screenshots

Download link:
Kod:
rapidgator_net: https://rapidgator.net/file/61f13205692fc9078c671202e49d7c18/jiua3.Learn.Bioinformatics.in.6.Days.rar.html nitroflare_com: https://nitroflare.com/view/C8FC3E9969C9666/jiua3.Learn.Bioinformatics.in.6.Days.rar
Links are Interchangeable - No Password - Single Extraction