Music Theory Comprehensive Part 3 - Minor Keys and More (2016)
MP4 | Video: AVC 1280x720 | Audio: AAC 44KHz 2ch | Duration: 4 Hours | Lec: 55 | 693 MB
Genre: eLearning | Language: English
A Complete College-Level Music Theory Curriculum. This is Part 3: Minor keys, Circle of Fifths, and Compound Meters.

For years I've been teaching Music Theory in the college classroom. These classes I'm making for Udemy use the same syllabus I've used in my college classes for years, at a fraction of the cost. I believe anyone can learn Music Theory - and cost shouldn't be a barrier.

Recently I was named as a semi-finalist for the Grammy Foundation's Music Educator of the Year award because of my in-person university classes. Now I'm taking those classes to Udemy in an online format in order to reach more students, and give them the joy of Music Theory.

My approach to music theory is to minimize the memorization. Most of these concepts you can learn by just understanding why chords behave in certain ways. Once you understand those concepts, you can find any scale, key, or chord that exists. Even invent your own.

This class is a Comprehensive class - it will have many parts, going through my entire annual curriculum.

This class is Part 3: Minor Keys, The Circle of Fifths, and Compound Meters.

Throughout this class, I'll be providing you with many worksheets for you to practice the concepts on. If you get stuck, you can review the videos or post a question, and I'll back to it as fast as possible. Also in this class I have several complete analysis projects that we will complete together - just like in my college classes.

In this class, we will cover:

My approach to Music Theory
Tools you will need to learn Music Theory quickly and efficiently
Key Signatures
Diatonic Chord Progressions
Tendency Chords
Using the Circle of Fifths for Songwriting and Composition
Borrowing from Closely Related Keys
Scale Degree Names
Tendency Tones
Compound Meters
Compound Meter Signatures