Mimi Fox's Jazz Chord Punches
.MP4, AVC, 1280x720, 30 fps | English, AAC, 2 Ch | 2h 7m | + Charts (.pdf),
Jam Tracks (.mp3) | 738 MB

Chord Punching Approaches for Jazz Guitar Soloing

A critical skill for any jazz guitarist is knowing how and when to punch chords when soloing, especially in a jazz trio setting. Mimi Fox's Jazz Chord Punches will show you 8 essential approaches for comping and punching chords. Then, Mimi will show you how to apply those approaches across 5 performance studies in a variety of feels, tempos, and keys.

"This course is designed to make you a well-rounded player capable of playing in a guitar trio situation with intelligence and confidence. Being able to punch chords in the midst of playing single lines is one of the trademarks of sophisticated jazz guitar playing. Mastering this technique will also allow you to play successfully in solo, duo (with bassist/vocalist/other instruments) and in many other contexts.

There are many different concepts that we will be covering in this course! It's important to take one segment at a time and really dig into it! You don't have to follow the order of the course segments... feel free to skip around and explore. And be sure to use all the great tools that TrueFire provides to aid your learning process."

In the first section of the course, Mimi presents 8 essential concepts for punching chords including chord voicings, voice leading, arpeggiating the changes, thinking like a drummer, using octaves and double stops, and following your ear.

In the second section, Mimi puts all of the essential concepts to work over 5 performance studies. She will first overview the backing track and approach and then perform over it. A detailed breakdown follows the performance.

Rhythm Changes in Bb
"There are many great songs that make use of this important progression. Oleo, Anthropology, I Got Rhythm (from which the name "Rhythm Changes" originates), Flintstones theme song, etc. One of the things that I hope you will hear when you listen to this performance is how closely I am aligned with the bass player and drummer. Whether I am playing single lines or chord punches, simple rhythms or complex jabs, I am always locked into the groove. I hope you will steal as many of my licks as you can but please don't forget to swing hard! There are a lot of cool ideas in this performance study. As with anything new that you are trying to learn, practice slowly and carefully. Eventually, these ideas will become integrated into your playing and will feel natural to you."

16 Bar Slow Minor Blues
"This progression is based on the great Gershwin classic, Summertime. When learning a new piece, I highly recommend listening to a bunch of different versions of the song so that you can hear a range of possibilities. This moderately slow tempo is a great way to practice the material. I'm playing very basic chords and single lines in this video. This proves a very important point: you don't need to play blazingly fast to create beautiful or compelling music! There are a lot of good concepts that I cover here. One of the most important: to be able to take a progression, or any song, and be able to transpose it to any key. This is not only important for being able to play with vocalists and other musicians that may want to play a familiar song in an unusual key, but it's also great for opening up the neck of the guitar in new ways."

Bossa Vamp
"This progression is based on the great jazz classic by Kenny Dorham, Blue Bossa. Check out the original version of this song on Joe Henderson's album, Page One. Hopefully, one of the things you will notice right away from this performance segment is the fact that I am always locking in with the rhythm section and flowing with them in a very organic and logical way. There are chord punches, single lines, syncopated rhythmic figures, and consistent motivic development. Listen closely for the overall mood that is being created. Every musical situation is an opportunity to tell a story. Always strive to make it a compelling story!"

Funky Vamp Jam
"In this performance study, the entire piece utilizes just one chord, an E7#9. As is always the case, it's very important to lock in with the rhythm section to create a propulsive and musically appealing groove. However, when only one chord is played this becomes even more critical. In this situation, with a static harmony, dynamics and rhythmic hits/ creative use of jazz chord punches is indispensable. I am really trying to play simply and create a strong musical statement without playing a ton of single lines. The trick here is my use of dynamics and sophisticated rhythmic hits/punches! In a sense, you could say that the single lines I am playing are inextricably tied to the rhythmic punches I am doing... It's almost creating an illusion of two guitars playing together."

Major Blues
"The 12 bar major blues progression is one of the most common progressions in jazz, rock, blues, etc. In jazz, we add a few more chords then are typically used in rock or traditional blues but it's essentially the same structure. I can't stress to you how important it is to learn this harmonic structure in as many keys as possible. I've had to play this progression in pretty much every key over the years and if you do it often enough, it will become second nature for you. I tried to play very simply here. There are no blazing licks or jaw-dropping phrases. Instead, I am just trying to play the changes and make it musical from start to finish. You might notice that for this segment, I didn't use a pick. This was a conscious choice on my part so that you could hear the difference between using a pick and playing without one. I think it creates a warmer more laid-back kind of feel. It's also really good to give your hand a break from all of the pounds of pressure that are exerted when using a pick."

Mimi will explain and demonstrate all of the key concepts and approaches along the way. You'll get standard notation and tabs for all of the performance studies. Plus, Mimi includes all of the rhythm tracks for you to work with on your own. In addition, you'll be able to loop or slow down any of the videos so that you can work with the lessons at your own pace.

Grab your guitar and let's punch some chords with Mimi Fox!

More Info
Kod:
https://truefire.com/jazz-guitar-lessons/chord-punches/c1334

Download link:
Kod:
rapidgator_net: https://rapidgator.net/file/7d8956dda214d8a19b2087b6f2c05ede/vo8bq.Mimi.Foxs.Jazz.Chord.Punches.rar.html nitroflare_com: http://nitroflare.com/view/4D187F26DF3929B/vo8bq.Mimi.Foxs.Jazz.Chord.Punches.rar
Links are Interchangeable - No Password - Single Extraction