So a couple yrs I moved out of state with a boyfriend. Was super excited about this but with reason had anxiety about being so much from friends and family. One of the ways my anxiety was coming out was with nightmares as well as night terrors. I would wake up violently sitting up in a cold sweat, gasping and whatnot. On one distinct night I had woken up the sound of our doorbell ringing. Which at four in the morning is actually fucking nerve wracking. So I shook my boyfriend completely awake and informed him I heard the doorbell and also to go check it since I was scared. He rapidly jumps up. Puts on clothes as well as grabs a bat. Goes all the healthy way to the front door and opens it. I, scared shitless, am peeking around the corner watching it all go down. I see him step outside and I nervously await the verdict of the circumstance when I listen to him call out to me. Babe? And I respond real shaky, Yes? He stands in the doorway with a real frustrated tired look in the eyes of his and states, We do not have a fucking doorbell.